We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in October

colorado
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Hotel in October

I am doing a cruise in October from Boston. I want to stay 2 extra days but was floored with the prices of hotels - help. I am not sure what my itinerary is but want to be in the main area, hotel with breakfast would be nice, centrally located is important- was in Boston 22 years ago - clueless - help

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
674 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
584 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,102 Reviews
from US$44.05*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Hotel in October

If you post dates and/or budget, this forum has some wonderful folks who will outline options for you based on the parameters. Yes, unfortunately, things can be expensive :0(

colorado
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Hotel in October

I will be there October 15 to October 17. My budget would be 100 to 175 a night. Breakfast included would be nice but not necessary. Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Hotel in October

I would suggest Priceline or Hotwire and use betterbidding.com

Areas I would suggest to bid in:

Priceline:

-Quincy market-Faneuil Hall-Financial

-Copley Square-Theatre District

Hotwire:

-Quincy Market -Financial District

-Boston Common - Theatre Distict

-Back Bay - Copley Square

On Memorial Day weekend I got a Hyatt in the Financial District for $75

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,422 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Hotel in October

It may be a little early to be looking for discounted prices in October. Keep in mind, that becuase of foliage tours and business being in 'full swing' after the normal summer slowdown, October is one of the most expensive times to visit ... that said, priceline and hotwire, as already mentioned, may have some bargains as you get closer to your dates.

Roll Tide
Level Contributor
497 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Hotel in October

As suggested, it's pretty early for deals to be showing up, but on Hotwire, what appears to be the Sheraton Boston is showing for $95/night. Now, this would be a great value if your dates are set in stone since once you book, you are stuck. This is the 3.5 star hotel in the Copley Square/Back Bay zone with the amenities non smoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet.

As stated, check betterbidding.com to confirm.

6. Re: Hotel in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2009, 00:37