We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocktail Venue

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cocktail Venue

Hello,

I'm arriving this Wed in Boston and wondered if anyone can recommend a cool place to drink cocktails and relax without much fuss or too many people. My wife is pregnant so we're just looking for somewhere nice to hang out one evening - if there is anywhere that also has a nice restaurant to go with it that would be great..

Price not an issue.

Thanks

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
659 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,088 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
558 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocktail Venue

Marliave might work. It hasn't been very crowded when I've been there lately, once the immediate post-work crowd has left.

http://www.marliave.com/home/

What night were you thinking? There are a lot of places I could suggest, but the "not too crowded" part might be tough, depending on the night. A bar can be a lot different on a Monday than on a Thursday night.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocktail Venue

Any night really - we arrive on Wednesday and leave on Sunday.

Friday we are eating at Tratorria di Monica so I was looking for something on Thursday/Saturday.

I think we'll spend one of those nights up in Cambridge and around Harvard Sq. Which would be best do you think?

Boston
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocktail Venue

Hi,

Maybe the bar at Legal Seafood in Harvard Square… good seafood food, drinks and comfortable.

The Casablanca Restaurant on Brattle St in Harvard Square. Great drinks, burgers and jukebox.

Or the Irish Pub Grafton Street in Harvard Sq.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocktail Venue

In Harvard Square, maybe Noire in the Charles Hotel, or the bar at Casablanca. Daedalus has a nice roofdeck if the weather coorperates.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocktail Venue

Bond in The Langham Hotel is the new cool place to be. This is on Franklin Street.

The Bar at The Taj Hotel is very nice and always relaxing. Arlington and Newbury.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocktail Venue

The Oak Bar at the Oak Room:

http://www.theoakroom.com/?l=0,1,9

Boston
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocktail Venue

The Oak Bar at the Copley Plaza is wonderful. Very relaxing with a piano player and great drinks. In Harvard Sq I also recommend Casablanca Bar, The Charles Hotel or Upstairs on the Square (nice brunch!). Have fun!

8. Re: Cocktail Venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 02:41