We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far in advance to get tickets?

Austin
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
how far in advance to get tickets?

dh and i will be in boston for 6 nights at the end of july. i'm wondering what your advice is as to how far in advance to purchase tickets to things. ex. ghost tour, duck tour, freedom trail tour, grayline tours, etc. should i be buying now, or can i buy once we get there? thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,796 posts
1 review
1. Re: how far in advance to get tickets?

The Duck Tour consistently sells out, so I would at least buy those in advance. The rest you're less likely to into problems unless it's a particularly busy weekend day.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: how far in advance to get tickets?

I'm one of those "planner" people, so if it were me, I'd order all the tickets for anything I'd want to do, as soon as the dates became available. I don't think you can go wrong doing that.

However, of everything you mentioned, probably the Duck Tour would be the only thing likely to be sold out more than a day or two in advance.

3. Re: how far in advance to get tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 02:42