We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swampers11
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

We will be visiting Boston over Labor Day weekend and would like to catch a Sox game, but I have no idea where the best place is to sit. We want a good view and would like to really be a part of the game & would probably be willing to spend up to about $50-$60 per ticket.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

We saw 2 Sox games last week. For the first game we sat in the Loge 146 section and they were great seats. For the second game we sat in the Right Field grandstands section 2 and the seats were fine but a bit snug.

I don't know how much the tix were in the Loge but that would be my choice of places to sit.

U.S.
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

I hate to piggy back but I was just about to start a thread when I saw this one and it's about Fenway too. I've ready tons of posts/threads/blogs about seats and obstructions and rows and particular seat numbers etc but what is the word on the Pavilion Boxes (specifically 3)?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

I feel Loge seats are the best bang for the buck, but they are pricier then $60, especially when buying thru a ticket broker.

It all depends on how the Red Sox do down the stretch, but if things stay the way they are and they have no chance of making the playoffs, then tickets will become more readily available and prices will drop on the ticket broker sites like Stubhub, Ace Ticket, etc.

Infield Grandstand seats are a fantastic value, but those "pesky poles" can come into play obstructing your view to varying degrees. If you can score "non-obstructed" Grandstand seats then great!

Pavilion Box 3 are nice! No obstructions to worry about, and you have a birds-eye view of the field and beyond. No problems there, but I'm guessing they are costing you a pretty penny, tourgal?

Please use http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark.php to help you with your purchases.

U.S.
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

Thanks! I've been through preciseseating 100 times, just wanted a Fenway expert's opinion. Depends on how you define "pretty penny." When I looked earlier it was $120 each for pavilion box 3. My bf's work trip changed dates on us (thank goodness I hadn't bought anything) and before it was going to be against the Blue Jays, which eh, whatever but sweet going to Fenway, but now when he'll be there our only Fenway chance is the Yanks the last series of the RS so at this point, we're both so dang excited price isn't a huge variable.....but I'm not the OP looking for $50-$60 seats for whenever their trip is. I'm aware of the value of Yanks/Sox and I know I need to buy them now before the Sox close the gap :D And I think I've read several of your posts Will about Fenway seats. I've narrowed it down RF 41, 42, 43 (rows lower than 25 per my reading), Pavilion Box 3, and Loge 5 or Loge 147, depending of course if the prices haven't changed and if my bf is cool with what his half will cost.....he keeps saying "I don't care, you pick, I just want to be there" but I think that might change if I tell him his ticket will cost the same as my airfare :)

Of those do you have a preference? What's the deal with sitting way up on the roof like that by the way? You know, down here (TX) it's either upper, middle, or lower....this is not so difficult here :)

And sorry to Swampers for hijacking the thread!! I didn't want to post another thread right behind you and get yelled at :D

Edited: 05 August 2010, 19:44
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

I would gladly sit in Pavilion Box 3 for a game.

Keep in mind that the profile of Fenway is low, not like some of the really tall stadiums with a true upper level, nosebleed section. You really aren't that high up at Fenway and the view of the action is really good.

Bleacher sections 41,42,43 are good, but it definitely gets a little wild and crazy out there for Sox/Yankees games.

Grandstand from around section 9 to 31 (32 and 33 are alcohol free), any Loge Box section and the roof box seats are good too.

Edited: 05 August 2010, 20:54
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

swampers11 -- as I am sure you can guess, tickets to Fenway can get pricey especially if there are none available through the box office and you instead go through a ticket reseller such as Acetickets or Stubhub. Seats within the price range you mention include: grandstand, right field roof, and bleachers. There are also standing room tickets which are just that - a spot to stand and watch the game. All will offer you the opportunity to be a part of the game. I find the bleachers and grandstands to be livelier than the roof box seats but no matter where you sit you will catch the Fenway fever! If you look in to grandstand seats the infield sections are the way to go however you can get some seats that are horrible due to the poles. So if you purchase tickets in those sections, do check out preciseseating.com so you are not blocked by a pole. Hope that helps.

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
397 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

Also, sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I also had a similar question. We booked our seats for Grandstand 16 Row 15. Anyone know if we have a pesky pole in our way?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

tourgal- I think you have some of your sections mixed up? Sections 41,42, 43 are in the bleachers, to my knowledge there is no section 5 in loge seats- there are grandstand seats or monster seats numbered '5'. So make sure you know what section you are purchasing seats for. Loge seats are great but you have to be careful when sitting in the first few rows (some tickets are even marked walkway advisory). What that means is folks will be walking back and forth in front of your view during the game. Pavillion gives you a terrific birds eye view.

I guess it will boil down to what tickets are out there. I think this year, especially with all the Sox injuries, you will not be gouged as much. Good luck!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

Foredecs - you and I can both be in the same row. One of us having a clear view and the other smack dab looking at a pole. It all depends on your seat number in the row. That preciseseating.com website is pretty accurate.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to sit in Fenway Park for a Sox game?

I've sat in seats 19 and 20 in that row and they were very good.