We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south station buses

Ireland
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
south station buses

Hello could anybody please advise where the mega bus departures stops in south station. My daughter arrives there sat and needs to go to Hartford she has done this before on the peter pan bus ,but times don't suit ...the mega bus time does suit but I want her to know where to go to get on it in comparison to where the peterr pan bus departs. she flys into logan airport from ireland on sat it is only her second time in usa. any advise on how to get from logan to south station would be appreciated..thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: south station buses

From Logan to South Station, she can take the "Silver Line." It's a bus that stops at every terminal and goes to South Station. I don't know where Megabus departs but I'm sure others do, or check their website.

Edited: 23 January 2013, 16:06
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: south station buses

I should add that the Silver Line (SL 1) from the airport to South Station is currently free. So she won't have to be concerned about paying a fare.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: south station buses

I believe all the intercity buses arrive at and depart from the South Station bus terminal. She should just find a video display with the times and gate information, and walk to the designated gate. It's not complicated, and the area that encompasses the various gates is not large.

If not the Silver Line (best choice unless she has a lot of luggage), then a taxi.

Ireland
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: south station buses

Thank you all so much...Just a worried mum...She is attending the University of Connecticut so hoping someone will collect her in Hartford, she is too late for direct bus there...,Thanks again. Tough when your youngest leaves home for college tougher still when its on another continent!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: south station buses

The Peter Pan & Megabus "gates" are very near each other @ the South Ststion bus terminal.

Ireland
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: south station buses

Thank you

7. Re: south station buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 01:17