We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fee to change flight

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Fee to change flight

If I book a flight and need to change the dates of travel,what is the fee to change dates?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,790 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fee to change flight

Hi Helen,

The fee depends on what airline/travel site you are using to book the ticket AND which type of ticket you choose to buy. SOME more expensive tix can be changed without a fee. Most inexpensive tix on most airlines(Southwest is different and a few others) can cost about $150 to change.

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Fee to change flight

when i change flight dates who do i contact the airline or trip adviser

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fee to change flight

Check with the policy of where you booked the ticket, but it's likely you'll end up back with the airline. Plan on a credit of the amount of your present ticket less $150 for most airlines, then the cost of a new one. It's not cheap. Southwest is different and, if I'm not mistaken, still offers a full credit.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fee to change flight

I get the feeling that Helen's and Benzo's posts are jokes, yes? Chuck...

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fee to change flight

Probably not jokes but people who have no clue about booking travel.

benzo....TA did not book your flight and has nothing to do with changes or anything else pertaining to your flight. Contact the site you bought the ticket from for any changes you need to make.

6. Re: Fee to change flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:41