We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad

Irving, Texas
2 posts
Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad

Hi we are planing to take a Road Trip to Carlsbad NM. It is a long drive and we have a kid. We want to know what are the good stops in between to eat and take some rest. Any inputs?

3 replies to this topic
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
270 reviews
1. Re: Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad

Welcome to the forum. Because this is a multi-state trip you might get better results by posting in both NM and TX. Also there is a Road Trips Forum that could give some help.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

It would be helpful to know how long you want to drive in any given day and if there are any things of interest that you might want to do along the way.

Edited: 04 October 2018, 17:39
Irving, Texas
2 posts
2. Re: Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad

Thanks for Replying. We postponed our trip, because it seemed hard for us to drive 7 hrs in night, during day it will be a sad way to cover(I looked up on google, at points on the high way, the view is not very entertaining.) It is hard to drive 3 hrs is max with my kiddo!) I couldn’t find any point of interests, any nice cities or towns in between.

We are nature lovers, plus what all interests the kids! Not too much into water parks.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,615 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad

Drive over to Big Bend NP. & enjoy what you seek ! Happy trails ... carracar

Reply to: Road Trip from Dallas to Carlsbad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted