We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Please help me

Hi All,

I am go to NY from 12th to 15th of December this year (really looking forward to it).

My only problem is that I can't find an affordable quality hotel.

We would be willing to spend about $300 A night.

Location is important, somewhere that is safe, full of restraunts and bars and is easy to access the rest of Manhattan from (possibly Chelsea/Grenwich)

Could someone pleas recommend a Hotel for me.

Many thanks

G

Mayo
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me

I know nothing about New York but am going there in July with some friends - we are booked into the Edison Hotel on 49th street ( through Budget Travel). It seems from the reviews and responses to my post it is ok and it is not costing us that much. December will probably be more expensive with everyone going shopping...

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me

Best Western Hotel President West 48th Street

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me

Your arrival in NYC is during the holiday season - hotels tend to raise their prices during this time of year when the City is invaded by visitors.

Check the NYC Hotels column to the left of this forum for discount hotels.

And check out all the travel sites for offers.

Good luck.

Poppa

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me

I'm not sure how many there are in your party, but I plugged your travel dates and guessed at two guests into the affinia.com Web site.

Good news - The Affinia Manhattan has availability in your price range - A guest room for about $257 a night. You can always call affinia and ask what they can do for you with your budget, they may be more helpful over the phone.

Yo can always book this now (as long as it is cancellable and fully refundable) and continue to look.

Because you are coming during the crazy season, a bird in the hand...

5. Re: Please help me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 23:18