We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating at Blue Man groups

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
94 reviews
68 helpful votes
Seating at Blue Man groups

On an upcoming visit we are looking seeing the Blue Man group. However I read that it is a small older theater and not very big. My concern is how is the seating? My friend is at least 6'3 and I am a bigger guy so concerned it will be an uncomfortable situation. Has anyone seen the show and of so how would you say is the seating?

7 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18,657 posts
28 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

See if you can get aisle seats (preferably on the outside of the aisle) so that you can stick your feet into the aisle. You could also try for front row but I need to warn you that they give out ponchos for people sitting that close as they spray paint into the audience.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
20,641 posts
48 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

It’s common sense to book an aisle seat for the person with long legs

I’ve seen BMG twice - front few rows are in the “splash zone” so don’t sit there unless you want to get wet

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
94 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

Yea we have no desire to sit front area. Its looking we will pass on seeing the show since I cant seem to locate any good theater pics to see what the seating is like.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18,657 posts
28 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

Have you checked the web site The View From My Sear?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

It looks like this. The house is tiny, I've been there MANY times.

ewriter.us/astor-place-theatre-seating-chart…

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
94 reviews
68 helpful votes
6. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

Thanks for all the help, looking at the picks I think passing on the show is the best for me and my buddy. Given what ticket prices are, the idea of being either somewhat or completely uncomfortable isn't worth it, which is sad as Ive seen their vegas show and it's a great show.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
233 reviews
258 helpful votes
7. Re: Seating at Blue Man groups

You know, real Broadway theaters are known (even if their auditoriums have been fully renovated) for large areas of seats with annoyingly little legroom. It's a matter of economics. Although I haven't seen Blue Man Group, I doubt that the legroom is any worse than the average Broadway rear orchestra or rear balcony.

Newer theaters tend to have more legroom, but also tend to be bigger, in a bad way.

I don't disagree with the negative statements made in this thread so far. But I would observe that one thing that makes Broadway tickets worth the huge prices (and Off-Broadway like BMG, worth the moderate prices ... ) is how much closer to the action you are than in a regional performing arts center. You're talking about theaters under 1,000 for much of Broadway, and under 299 (and even less) for Off-Broadway. That's an experience worth suffering temporary discomfort (just like you might suck it up for a cheap airline seat.) Just one opinion.

Reply to: Seating at Blue Man groups
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted