We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Rangers game query

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
New York Rangers game query

Hi all,

My travel party & I have tickets to the Rangers' game in MSG on Oct 16th. Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question but we are first time game attendees so wondering if we need to wear warm clothes such as a hat, etc.? Our seats are in the lower level area, section 119 if that is familiar to anyone!

TIA!

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: New York Rangers game query

You won't need a hat but they do have to keep the ice frozen, so it's a little colder in there. I'd want a jumper maybe.

Have a look at some Youtube videos of "Rangers at Madison Square Garden" and look at what the people in the crowd are wearing.

Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBecQnt9SFk

Sorry for the bad footage but it shows the crowd.

Edited: 29 September 2018, 03:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
981 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: New York Rangers game query

I’ve been to MSG for a Ranger game with a friend who has box seats close to the ice, it is surprisingly very comfortable. I wore a sweater (because it was winter) but no hat , coat, gloves etc needed. Because we were at a very popular rival game on weeknight after work and seated in an expensive area there were many men and woman still in office attire, suits or slacks/skirts and sweaters. That was surprising, I didn’t know hockey fans were so fancy.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18,219 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: New York Rangers game query

The freezing unit is in the ice not in the air so they don't need to keep the arena all that cold. If you are sensitive to the cold, you might want to dress a bit warmer than if you were going other places but I've been to restaurants where the a/c was cranked during a warm spell here & I froze.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
20,003 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: New York Rangers game query

Your game is in a few days. Wear what you want to the game depending on the weather that day. When you get to your seats, take off what you want until you feel comfortable. A hat is not needed. If you have one on that day, it's fine.

Reply to: New York Rangers game query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted