We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

Currently in New York City and came down with a cold just before I left :( not letting me stop having fun.

I am looking for noodle soup suggestion pho/Ramen to make me feel better and because I love it.

Open for suggestions as per area, something in the village area or Gershwin theatre for when I go see Wicked or near Brocklyn Bridge or Central Park.

I am staying at 25 West 37th Street anything suggestions near by maybe. I still need to check out grand central station I think they have a food court.

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

Xian will knock out that congestion and they have several locations around the city. https://www.xianfoods.com/

Close to Grand Central is 24 West 45th. St.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,351 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

Most great Ramen and pho congregate in East Village, LES and Hells Kitchen. Not so much by your hotel

Near the theater you got Ippudo. Try the Akamaru Modern. Totto and Mentoku are solid as well

Or take a walk to Gotham West Market for Ivan Ramen. I prefer their new Chicken Paitan over the classics. Its a longer walk but will take just as much time as the rest, and you'll get a chance to check out GWM

In East Village, its endless. More Ippudo, Hanoi House or Madame Vo for Pho.

The Ivan Ramen flagship in LES serves similar Chicken Paitan. But you may want to check out the soups at Ginger and Lemongrass as well

Edited: 13 October 2018, 07:50
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

I have been buying bone broth for exact same reason. There are soup shops like BRODO who make delicious broths glavlired woth the right spices. Perfect for the throat, and yoir health. Unfortunately they are in the West and East Village. You may, however, try to get them delivered.

https://www.brodo.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

I go straight for the Remy Martin VSOP, XO if I'm feeling flush.

ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
5. Re: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold

We decided to walk up to Gotham West Market and had the Chicken Paitan it was very good and filling.

I was very full but I managed to find room for Ample Hills Creamery for dessert delicious!

Thanks for all the suggestions might try something else tomorrow or Monday.

Edited: 13 October 2018, 23:17
Reply to: Best place for Pho/Ramen soup for my cold
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted