We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is near my hotel?

Austin Tx
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Topic
What is near my hotel?

I'm staying at 51st st near amsterdam and wonder what is near by?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is near my hotel?

10th Avenue becomes Amsterdam Avenue North of W. 59th Street, so assuming you mean 10th Avenue. The only hotel I'm aware of in that area is The Skyline Hotel between 49th and 50th Streets. Perhaps there's another hotel that I don't know of. There isn't much in that area. There are some good restaurants 1 long block East on 9th Avenue and another block East you will be at 8th Avenue and the western border of the theatre district.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is near my hotel?

singlewoman - have you checked out GOOGLE earth - or just type in the name of your hotel on maps.google.com and type in nearby.

This should give you a start or just check your guidebook, you do have one, correct? Also just google your hotel - it usually will come up with options to see the location on map - it's fun to do some research .......

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is near my hotel?

This is a great website which tells you what is near hotels like shopping and restaurants...just enter your hotel and take a peek!!

urbanspoon.com/c/3/New-York-restaurants.html

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is near my hotel?

You need to give a correct address in order to receive accurate advice. It would also help if you told us what you're looking for.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is near my hotel?

It does concern me that you listed a non-existent location, and din't name any hotel. Are you staying at a hotel?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What is near my hotel?

singlewoman - what is the name of your hotel and its exact address????

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is near my hotel?

Where exactly are you staying? That will help us give you great options for food, transport, etc.

Austin Tx
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is near my hotel?

Just checked. The hotel is on 51st St. between 8th and 9th

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is near my hotel?

And what are you looking for?

Have you tried Google Maps? Enter your hotel address, and then search nearby for whatever you're looking for:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is near my hotel?

Is that the Washington Jefferson (WJ) Hotel ? No need to keep it secret .... Our daughter lives at 50th and 8th -- very convenient neighborhood.