We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Hi

I'm just wondering does anyone know anything about the above apartments? i just got a rate on it and i'm thinking of booking it but i can find any reviews. i just wanna make sure of a few things

- do these actually exist as apartments? its just i'm wary after a bad experience in the past! you can't book online and i cant find any reviews. it seem i'd be booking though a real estate company called think properties

- also if they are ok has anyone stayed here and would you recommend?

Regards

Aileen

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Please read the FAQ's re apartment rentals and then get a legal hotel or a legal apartment style hotel.

2. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 06:50
Melbourne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Hi Aileen

Did you book ? I have just booked they seem ok. Did you find anything else out regarding the apartments??

Marlyn - Melbourne Australia

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Have you not read the FAQ's either?!?

Melbourne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

What FAQ's and where

This apartment block has a website etc....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

on the right hand side "Why apartment rentals are a bad idea in NYC"

The fact it has a website is irrelevant.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Hi

I decided to book the Comfort Inn in Manhattan instead on the recommendation of a friend. I'm just very wary on booking places that i cant find much information about as I was caught out before!

Sorry I wasn't much help! Let me know How you get on

Aileen

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,826 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

Aileen -- good for you for "trusting your gut". The fact that you can't find any info in this day and age should be a BRIGHT red flag!!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

there was a long thread on this location the other day including contributions from the management trying to explain why these places are indeed legal, I can not speak to the accuracy of his positions but they sounded legit and I know for a fact that much of what some here say is illegal is questionable at best and people should be careful to paint with such a broad brushstroke. Bottom line there is a problem and investigate many sources beyond trip advisor to determine the real truth long before booking.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Ave Suites at 35 East 32nd Street

I wasn't saying if it was or wasn't a legit place! i just couldn't find any reviews on tripadvisor or any other site. I'm just wary now when booking as i got conned out of alot of money before from someone who had apartment to rent.

As a result of getting my fingers burnt i like to be 100% sure in future!