We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ticket purchase prior to arriving

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
ticket purchase prior to arriving

Bringing my daughters to NYC to see all the wonderful decorations and they want to see the Radio City Christmas show. Would I be foolish to wait until I get there to purchase tickets, or should I just go ahead and reluctantly pay all the service charges added to online ticket purchasing? I want to get good seats, but the fees total almost another ticket! We plan to go on a Sunday or Monday, if that makes any difference.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ticket purchase prior to arriving

I'm one of those people that is not willing to see a live performance from a distance. So I always book in advance. Others may have useful input.

NYC & environs
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ticket purchase prior to arriving

Book soon- use boadwaybox.com - see a seeting plan and choose your seats - reel busy time of year if you come w no tickets - it maybe no show or sitting in the nosebleed section - if u get my drift..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,062 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ticket purchase prior to arriving

If you're only coming for the day, it would seem a shame to me to waste time from your day for standing in line for tickets. Why not just buy discount tickets? You'll still pay the transaction fees but at least the initial price won't be so high. If you're coming for a few days and can be flexible on which show you see, print off the discounts and bring them to the box office when you arrive and see which shows have the best seats during the days you're here. With so many shows/day, there's sure to be something decent.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ticket purchase prior to arriving

Thanks for the replies. Broadwaybox. com seems to have the best deals for sure. I will check them out and see whats available on line and decide whether to wait or go for it. Appreciate your help!

5. Re: ticket purchase prior to arriving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2011, 01:39