We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Half decent hotel, double bed, 2 nights.

Had a look on dozen's of hotel websites, tried loads of tips of here.

Will be in NYC 22nd to 24th of November.

Am I been cheeky in thinking I'll get a decent hotel for around those prices?

Also, anyone care to answer why on a Wednesday..the hotel prices rocket right up from a Tuesday.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

That is leading up to thanksgiving weekend in the USA, probably the biggest holiday weekend of the year

It is rare to find any room in NYC for that price, let alone that week. NYC is one of the most expensive places to find a room. Even youth hostels are way up there.

I think your budget is about $196 USD, bearing in mind that you will have to pay taxes on the room, you are looking for something for about $150 USAD a night.

Just to add rooms in NYC are notoriously tiny, so you pay more for rooms with two beds.

Where are you flying into, there are some off island areas that might fit the bill,, though still might be more than your budget.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

In case you didn't know, Nov 24 is our Thanksgiving, a BIG holiday. Many people descend on the city for the Thanksgiving weekend and arrive on the Wednesday. There are plenty of rooms at the upper end of your budget, ~ $200/night plus tax listed on

kayak.com

Where have you looked?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Thanks for the reply.

We went to New York in December 2008 for 5 nights..and booked the Best Western President Hotel for just under 800 dollars..we booked that with about 2 weeks to go through booking.com - (forgot that they didnt include taxes in the prices!)

I've been keeping an eye on the Thirty Thirty Hotel on hotels.com. it's varying everyday at around £240 - £260 for the 2 nights. Seems a nice hotel.

With such a short time in NYC, we dont really want to stay anywhere else except Manhattan.

Not a great problem if we can't get a room for them prices, just would of been ideal.

Thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

'Where have you looked'

I've looked on a good 15-20 different hotel websites, not much difference in any of them in my opinion.

I didnt know that about thanksgiving.

Where departing 24th anyway, but as you say...people will be getting there beforehand.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Looking on kayak.com as NYwhiz suggested is a great idea as it compares all hotels, not just one brand.

I often use www.booking.com as it allows you to see options for more than one bed.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

The Blakely is a great deal a 4* with free cancelation and breakfast right in the middle of Midtown Manhattan-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93445-R…

I would grab it (on booking.com) for 218 GBP tl(= 109GBP a night)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

MTI-n-NYC - You've made me a very happy man.

I've just booked The Blakely Hotel.

By going of the map, it's close to a favourite breakfast place of ours Lindys.

Good thing with www.booking.com aswell, can cancel if another offer pops up.

But again, thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Cracking deal that.

Now £385 for the same dates i bought the other day at £216.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Excellent news. Isn't traveling more fun when you know you got a great deal.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for around £100-125 a night.

Clarky, I note that you keep using a foreign currency when you ask about hotel prices in NYC. It should tell you something that only two New Yorkers have offered you information. If you want the best, and the most, help, you really do need to do the currency conversion yourself (rather than expecting anyone else to do it for you) and ask in US dollars. If you make it easier to provide you with help, far more people will do so.