We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Queens hotel?

south western...
Level Contributor
994 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Which Queens hotel?

I have been looking at hotels for a visit to NYC Mar 13th to 16th. After somewhat ruling out Jersey City, I am moving on LIC hotels for the price and for parking. We need two rooms, one with one bed, one with two beds. I have found the Vetiver, Best Western Plaza, Queensboro, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Best Western City View and the PanAmerican. If anyone can offer any insight into these hotels in terms of parking and easy access to the subway, it would be appreciated. Looking for something decent, and safe, other than that, just a place to crash for the night.

Thanks!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Queens hotel?

Another poster here today mentioned booking the Nu hotel in Brooklyn, supposed to be a good location with subway close by. They booked a room with a queen bed and bunk beds. Not sure if that could work for you, but with teens it might be just the ticket. The poster said she found a 20% off coupon.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Queens hotel?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5178920…

Here is the thread I read it in.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Queens hotel?

The Country Inn and Suites is almost always the one recommended here. I haven't stayed in any of them so I'm sorry, I have no help

There is a very recent trip report from a person who stayed at the Quality Inn and loved it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5179363…

Edited: 21 February 2012, 22:06
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,966 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Queens hotel?

I'm not sure WHY you ruled out Jersey City. There's a 4* hotel in JC/Hoboken area on Hotwire for $144/night plus tax that will be the W Hoboken. You can book 2 rooms at that rate. I input 3 adults and 2 kids between the 2 rooms. You will have to pay for parking, but you may have to do that in LIC and this is a far nicer hotel than the LIC hotels. NO, Hotwire is not a good option for LIC since the hotels used are not all near a subway station.

Here's what I'll say about your Queens list.

1) Pan American hotel is further from Manhattan (NOT in Long Island City) but is the only one that will guarantee free parking. It's definitely the cheapest. There's a rate of $68/night plus tax fully cancelable right now on hotels.com for a double double for up to 4 people in the room. There are no queen or king rooms available for your dates on the hotel's own website or on hotels.com

By further, it will take 35-45 mins. by subway to Times Square from the Pan American vs. about 15-20 from most of the LIC hotels.

2) To my knowledge, while all of the LIC hotels have some parking, none have enough parking for all their guests so it's first come first serve on the parking. There is paid parking in Long island City that is less expensive than you'd find in Manhattan.

3) There are 2 Best Westerns in LIC and NEITHER is in a good location. One is not near enough to a subway station and the other is in a dodgy area.

A number of the LIC hotels include free continental breakfast. I THINK the Country Inn & Suites, the Verve, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn all do and are well located. I also think all those have some rooms with 2 queens rather than the more typical 2 doubles. The Hotel Vetiver is new, rooms with queen or king bed and a sofabed. ~ $139-149 on getaroom.com

Look on kayak.com to compare pricing on a few websites.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Queens hotel?

We are staying in the Country Inn & Suites LIC (early April dates) based on all of the advice on this forum.Breakfast is included. The rates were the best I could find for a family of four in one room and the proximity to the subway is ideal. Hope this helps. I will post a review after our trip.

6. Re: Which Queens hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:15