We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Brampton, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

im arriving on sat with my family how do i get to my hotel in the Tribeca area by bus/subway

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

First of all, it is spelled LaGuardia (no space between the a and the G), and pronounced "la-GWAR-dee-ah" in a rhotic accent, and "la-GWAH-dee-ah" in a non-rhotic accent.

Second, all of our crystal balls are broken, and none of us can read your mind and thereby determine which "hotel in the Tribeca area" you are staying at -- because there is more than one, and they are not all built on top of each other at the same address. As it is necessary to know where someone is going before telling him how to get there, you might want to clue us in on your actual destination so that we can then tell you what to train or bus to take, and which station to get off at.

Brampton, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Thanks for the reply i knew i had spelt it wrong appreciate your help.....

The hotel address is 39 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013

Hilton garden inn

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Getting from LaGuardia to Tribeca using public transport is actually quite easy and straightforward but it really depends on exactly where your hotel is located.

You'd probably want the fast and frequent Q.33 bus to the E train (in the direction of World Trade Center) to Canal Street - you'd probably be close enough to your hotel from Canal Street station on the E train but I can't say without knowing what hotel in Tribeca.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

I must be psychic.

The Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent choice - you'll love the location.

The A, C and the E train are right outside your front door - couldn't be more convenient.

From LaGuardia Airport, the fast and frequent Q.33 bus is the way to go. This bus connects the terminals with the subway (you can't get on the bus going in the wrong direction and you can't miss your stop). The bus terminates at the subway station. You simply go downstairs and follow the signs for the Manhattan bound E train. The E carries new train cars with digital maps and audible announcements (easy to understand). The displays tells the upcoming stations. You'll simply get off the E train at Canal Street and there you are - right outside your front door.

Brampton, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Its the Hilton Garden Inn

Brampton, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Thank you for the reply......can i use the 7 day metrocard all the way from airport to hotel

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

MoreFFmiles, aren't you also known as Karnak the Magnificient? ;oD

Steve, follow MoreFFmiles excellent directions, and exit the station near the middle of the train -- you should come to the surface just about in front of your hotel.

The New York City subway system is a single-zone system with free transfers from bus to subway. It is thus a single fare not only from the airport to the hotel, but all over the city as far as you would like to go -- just as long as you never leave the subway system by walking through an exit turnstile. However, you don't have to worry about that, since your 7-day card does not charge per ride, but gives you unlimited usage. You can use the 7 day metrocard any time you want to ride a subway or a regular city bus during the 7 day period, as often as you like, and for as far as you like.

Note that the Avenue of the Americas is better known by its alternate name: Sixth Avenue.

Brampton, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Thanks for all the help this is the first time i have been on this forum and i got some quick replies.....

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

Yes - the 7 day unlimited ride MetroCard works on the bus and yes the unlimited ride MetroCard works on the subway. It is not limited to Manhattan. It is good for all subways and all local / limited buses.

JFK and LaGuardia Airports are within the five boroughs of New York City and the MetroCard is good throughout the city - it is not limited to Manhattan or anything like that.

10. Re: how to get from La Gardia to Tribeca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 00:46