We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

Hi All,

It´s our 1st time in new york, we go in 3 weeks for 5 nights, were staying at the roosevelt, anybody stayed there recently, i know comments are quite mixed, but main reason booking was for the location.

I´m just in the process of organising itinery and booking excursions, were doing.

9/ 11 memorial and musuem

shopping centre 21

time square

central park

Statue Liberty

wicked show

soho, china town, litle italy walking tour

top of the rock

empire state building and sky ride, hopefully during evening

Brooklyn bridge walking tour

musuem history

and then see what else we fancy..

Main question, is there any close resturants or bars to eat in on a evening, we dont want be going too far after spending all day walking, not looking at expensive resturants ..

Thanks for the help..

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
3,203 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

I can't tell you about exact restaurants near the Roosevelt Hotel. There are so many restaurants, cafes and bars in Manhattan that It will never be a problem, they're everywhere!, Just look around you'll see one.

I want to tell you to skip the Sky Ride included with top of Empire State Building. It's just a short movie or video that you watch and your seat moves a little. We did it, as we were so sorry. but if you already have your tickets I guess you are stuck. If not, Do NOT purchase Skyride tickets, my advice.

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

HI,

Thanks for the info..

Mark

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

There are many restaurants in Midtown Manhattan near the Roosevelt Hotel. Grand Central Terminal has the historic Oyster Bar and a food court. I suggest you consult Google maps and zoom in to the Roosevelt. There are simply too many places to eat around there to give any kind of list.

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

I agree Grand Central is a very good spot, lots of dining options. Bryant Park also has quite a few places in the area which are reasonable price. I found a good diner called The Red Flame West 44th and 5th Ave that was very good, inexpensive prices. You are in a good area, you will find many places for a bite to eat. Have a GREAT trip !!

nycstylelittlecannoli.com/2013/07/dining-at-…

5. Re: Roosevelt Hotel/ nearby bars resturants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2017, 00:18