We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

Hi all,

Just in the process of booking the Empire state building, when is the best time to visit during the day or night, we have also booked the sky ride and we will be doing the top of the rock on a day time.

Thanks for the help.

Mark.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,394 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

I like it during the day. They open at 8:00 am, get there early, might not be as crowded?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

We've visited at night on our 1st trip and then when we went in November we went about 3.30pm before sunset.

It was a bit crowded but was amazing to watch the sunset and see the city light up so I would definitely recommend that if you have a good day for the weather.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

You don't need to book a time for the ESB. You can turn up any time if you've already purchased your ticket. Early mornings and nights are the least busy times.

The Skyride is considered one of the worst tourist attractions in the city, look at these reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Re…

TOTR in the daytime is a good way to see Central Park. You can't see it once it's dark, and seeing it is one of the big pluses at TOTR. Sunset is a good alternative, see the city in daylight before the sun sets.

Argentina
Level Contributor
856 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

I went up at night and it was truly amazing,the views are terrific and new York and night it's simply magic. What it helped me to make my decision was to check the pictures uploaded by users at the tripadvisor review website

5. Re: Empire State Building / Visit day or Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2017, 01:18