We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Resturants..

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Booking Resturants..

Hi All Again,

We're travelling Next Week and I've organised the places were we are going to eat.

These are the ones I've decided on, is it recommended to book or is it ok just go turn up, we won't know what time arrive so would rather not book in advance..

Uncle Paul's pizza Wednesday

Ellen's stardust dinner. Thursday

Sapporo Friday

Shake shack Saturday

Olive Garden Sunday .

Thanks

Mark

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Booking Resturants..

Archers!!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Booking Resturants..

Before the arrows come flying, help him out, ziggy!

I'll say:

Ellen's Stardust Diner - if you have to go, go for breakfast. It's not about the food there, it's about the entertainment. It's harder for them to make terrible breakfast food.

Olive Garden - in many parts of the USA, mass-produced chain food is about all there is. Not in NYC. There are many wonderful Italian restaurants here; I'm sure other posters can make some great recommendations!

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Booking Resturants..

Thanks for the response but archers what ...!!

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Booking Resturants..

Lol, help us out, archers!!!!

I have spent tonight reading lots of Ziggy's blogs and suggestions and we now have a great short list for our trip. Have to admit to having initial thoughts of Ellen's and Olive Garden too though, not any more!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Booking Resturants..

Methinks Archers!!! refers to all the arrows headed your way, on account of wanting to go to Olive Garden. Or maybe Ellen's. 'Cuz chains and cheesy joints are kind of looked down on, since there are so many real (fresh, creative) restaurants in NYC. But its ok, just don your armor, maybe load the catapult, and go where you want to go. But do consider the great recommendations you'll get here !!

ps Ziggy is the forum food expert (lots of others as well), maybe post where you're staying for some great recommendations in the area.

Edited: 21 January 2016, 18:30
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Booking Resturants..

Lol, thanks Larry! I did guess at that but wasn't certain!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
19,288 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Booking Resturants..

If this is a true list, then please report back on how you liked these places, and what you ate. And whether you're glad you went there.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
18,233 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Booking Resturants..

Well at least they've got Shake Shack on the list.

Port d'Alcudia...
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Booking Resturants..

Hi All.

The above list is correct, and when I return I will inform you all on how they went .

Either good or bad experiences will be reported .

Thanks

Mark

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19,157 posts
10. Re: Booking Resturants..

Ellen's is OK is you are taking kids - it would be lots of fun for them- but you aren;t going for the food.

Olive Garden - or any other chain place - is the same awful micro-nuked food they serve at every mall - at prices that are much higher.

NYC has a zillion inexpensive places with decent /good fresh food. Have a look at some of the places on Ninth Ave in the 40s.