We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

2 grannies visiting adult grand daughter near Fort Mckinley on Monday. We will have several hours to spend out doors. we like to gently hike and see cool, unique and beautiful things. I see several metroparks with Englewood about 15 minutes away and Wegerzyn close by. Would folks that know the area please let me know what you think of Englewood vs Wegerzyn Gardens for an interesting, beautiful, photo op walking/hiking experience? Thanks so much.

8 replies to this topic
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,505 posts
3,415 reviews
1. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Englewood vs Wegerzyn Gardens - recommend either.

You are onto something with the Dayton Metroparks. - We recommend all

Slainte

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
441 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Personally I think Englewood is prettier with more options for paths to take.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Thank you. We will see if the weather cooperates tomorrow

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Thank you Liza. Might be rain tomorrow so we will see how that goes. either way I will pass along the info to my granddaughter as she loves to hike and just moved to Dayton.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

gogogranny, if your Grand Daughter just moved to Dayton and loves to hike. Tell her to take 675 North towards Columbus, take the Dayton-Yellowsprings Exit near Fairborn (I think exit 20) and head east towards Yellowsprings. Great little eclectic city and John Bryant State Park has awesome hiking. Beautiful in the Spring!! Then hop into Yellowsprings for a city down at Peaches, HaHa Pizza, The Winds (more upscale) or go out to Youngs Dairy for Ice Cream!! If your up around Englewood, it will be about a 30 minute or so drive but well worth it for a day trip!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Thank you rob, I will pass this along She moved to Dayton from Utah and was a big hiker there. I don't think she will find comparable hiking experience but every area has wonderful opportunities. Just got to find them.

Xenia, Ohio, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

The gardens are beautiful. Nice hiking path! Highly recommend stopping for a vist!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday

Thanks Cindy. They look pretty online. will add to our to do list.

Reply to: Gentle hike opportunity for Monday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted