We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 2

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 2

Weather much nicer today, the \sun is out at last,

Went to Mixons Fruit farm for breakfast and had a walk around the gift shop, and bought fresh Orange Juice., did not go on the tour as we were too early.

Drove down to Sarasota, and went to Le Barge tours and booked a sunset cruise for Labour Day, Monday.

When we arrived on Saturday, dropped my glasses, and they were run over by cases, so had to get new ones today, still reeling from the shock, picked a pair of rimless glasses $169, but by the time everything was added ,the total came to $658 including eye test, at least got a free pair of prescription sunglasses. Would never pay that much at home, but what the heck, I am on holiday, treat yourself.

After the shock was going to go to McDonalds for the 99cents menu, but decided to go to Chilis instead for Chicken Fajitas, its only money.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Vertoris Pizza House
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza
Ortygia
$$ - $$$, Italian, Mediterranean
Danny's Pizzeria
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 2

My OH always brings his prescription from home with him, as if he has an accident you can get new glasses made w/o the Optician doing an exam- a very expensive part of the business. Last new pair he got cost him abt $100 at Walmart.

Glad to see the weather is looking up for you!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 2

We always bring our eye prescriptions with us to have made up whilst we are staying at our home in S H. Eye test at home free but the cost of lenses, frames and the add ons much cheaper in Bradenton. My parents saved over £300 on their new glasses and the spec was much better than at home. It is the eye test which is so expensive in Florida.

Mixons is a great place, we always buy their orange juice and grapefruit when in season. For a good evening meal try the Lazy Lobster, halfway down Lockwood Ridge Road on the right hand side as you are heading towards University Parkway.

Enjoy your stay at S H.

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
3. Re: Trip report 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton