We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather on the Gulf Coast

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather on the Gulf Coast

Have usually gone to the Gulf Coast in May when the weather is sunny and not too much humidity. Already thinking about our next trip for 2013 but will have to pick an alternative time. Have ruled out July and August as we dont want the storms but was wondering what the weather is likely to be in September/Oct. With a push we may be able to go in April. Any advice will be appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

Sept is peak storm season and it doesn't end til November but I find late October fabulous.

April can involve Easter so can be expensive but I like the weather then. If you can go after easter, you are on to a winner with good weather and lower prices.

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

Thanks for the information. Will look at going in October.

Lakewood Ranch...
Level Contributor
223 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

As a native of the area I can tell you it is absolutely fantastic here pretty much anytime between October and April. You cannot go wrong with a vacation between these months. You may also want to check the Chamber of Commerce or Visitors Bureau as there are a number of events/festivals during these months as even us Floridians do not enjoy the outdoor so much in the summer.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

I agree that October is a great month. Personally do not care for say December to April, as traffic is really bad, it takes forever to get in to a restaurant, etc. It can also be chilly in Dec, Jan, Feb. A couple of years ago we had several weeks where it did not get above 65. Today is mid 80's, and overnight will be mid 60's. Less humid, bright blue skies, sunny, fantastic.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
69 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

We have vacationed on Anna Maria the last 5 years during the first two weeks of July. No storms. Wonderfully hot and humid. But we love that weather. Go to the beach and pool every day. Hike, and boat. We've been in Dec once and lucked out with 80 degree days and 60 degree nights. Weather in April is gorgeous but the area is crowed.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

Well I was there this July and it was way too hot and humid for me lol!

7. Re: Weather on the Gulf Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton