We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

Toronto
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

Hello all. My son will be attending the IMG football academy in Bradenton this spring break and we have decided to turn this into a family vacation. We are familair with Siesta, LBK, Lido areas, but never really ventured much north of there. So we are looking for a nice family hotel (in a good area) with nice pool area to stay for 10 days in March. Budget is fairly flexible for the right place (looking for 4 stars or 3.5 category). Hotels with a suite large enough to acommodate 6 of us would be great, but will also do 2 rooms if the $$ work. Should be no further than 10 or 15 minutes drive to IMG. Any recommendations would be most appreciated

Bradenton, Florida
1 post
1. Re: Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

You should try a vacation rental. There are not many hotels in Bradenton especially around IMG, they have their own living arrangements on the IMG estate but they can be VERY PRICEY. Check out the vacation rental scene I was just looking and found this magnification looking home here is a link. tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g60786-… , its pricey but would be just a treat to stay there! I work for a software company that creates software for Vacation rental Managers.. it has opened my eyes up to alot of new great things! www.rental-network.com

Edited: 16 January 2013, 16:22
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
2. Re: Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

Someone had asked about this but for a different game about a month ago ... search the forum for IMG Academy and see the suggestions they got.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

I believe the previous poster chose Mainsail Inn on Anna Maria Island. A great choice. There are other larger properties on the island, and it is about a 20-30 minute drive to IMG, depending on traffic. Not much in the IMG area, not much between there and the beach. A few lower rent chain places along 14th Street, but not recommended. Try the AMI Chamber of Commerce to find late season rentals.

Toronto
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
4. Re: Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

Hi all. Yes, we have booked a 3 BR TH at Mainsail on Anna Maria. Really looking forward to it, especially as I look out the window at several inches of snow!

5. Re: Need a nice hotel for large family near IMG Academy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton