We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

I am planning a bachelorette party weekend for about 12 girls and need to know some suggestions for hotels near River Street that are reasonably priced....looking to not go over a rate of $200/night....i have never been to Savannah so I welcome all suggestions!!! Thank you:)

route 66
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

2 new hotels quite close to River Street & highly recommended for a girls' weekend whoop-te-do:

The Avia

The Bohemian. The B may be the more expensive of the two. Both are contemporary in style & decor.

More budget-minded: the Doubletree, Hilton Garden, both are on Bay St. one block from the river. Ditto the Staybridge Suites (cheap thin bath towels!)

Stay away from Four Points by Sheraton as it backs up to Yamacraw Village, THE high crime inner city housing project. You don't want to be walking in that area at night, esp. coming from River St. Too bad because the hotel itself is quite nice.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

We always enjoy the Bay Street Inn.

Dublin, GA
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

A friend of mine visits Savannah frequently and strongly recommends the Mulberry/ Holiday Inn on E. Bay St. (just above and parallel to River St.)

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

IMO The Inn at Ellis square is the best deal. The location is excellent, especially if you are interested in nightlife. .

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

There are 10 girls in our lil group going. We are renting a vacation rental on broughton st. Much cheaper than a hotel. You can look through vrbo.com or another site staysavannahvacation...something like that.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

vacation rentals on this page is great, flipkey.com is the site.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

Look at the SavannahGetaways.net website. You will see several possibilities there, including one that has 6 bedrooms in 2 adjoining homes and a cottage, with a huge decked "common area". I know it has been used by groups like the one you describe.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

We stayed at the Doubletree just last night. They had the best rate I could find on short notice, it is steps away from City Market and just a couple of blocks down Bay from the action on the riverfront. It was a very good experience and really nice place to stay for $109. Parking is $25 per day though - you need to ask about parking where ever you stay. and figure that into your room rate budget.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

Most every hotel charges for parking. You'll pay anywhere from $7.00 and up. $25 is the most I have heard of but they could be going up on the price at some of the hotels. Parking is available along the street and in city owned parking garages but if its not a weekend, you'll need to have a parking pass which can be purchased at the visitors center and if you do park along the streets, make sure your car is not in a zone where they are cleaning the streets or else it will be towed. Never leave any items in your car or trunk. I would unload everything at the hotel and then park the car if I'm not parking at the hotel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need hotel for girls' weekend near River Street

We stayed at the East Bay Inn. There were 4 of us girls. Our room was huge, 2 queen beds and a love seat and 2 chairs.

The room was huge, with 20 foot ceilings , so we didn't feel cramped at all. The parking was free and I think the price was right around $200/night.