We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pink Cottage

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
The Pink Cottage

Anyone else book the Pink Cottage vacation rental in downtown Savannah using Amanda Whitford and/or Sugar Magnolia Properties? Having issues confirming a booking and wondering if anyone else has heard of or knows her or the company.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pink Cottage

There is one review on this site:

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g60814-…

quite glowing.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pink Cottage

Yes, she scammed at least 10, maybe 11 other families. She booked everyone for the same weekend and took the deposits. We heard some poor folks even paid in full. Because of the marathon, my family had such a hard time finding anywhere else to stay. What a horrible experience! Sounds like you were scammed along with us. Hope you figured it out in time!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pink Cottage

OMG - what can we do??? I too booked the Pink Cottage for the marathon weekend via VRBO.com back in June. I paid $300 deposit and then got an email from Whitford a few weeks ago about "structural damage" and a cancellation. We ended up in Tybee and she has yet to refund my deposit.

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING ABOUT A REFUND??????

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Pink Cottage

If you've sent any money please send me an email and I will give you more information how to get included with the Savannah detective who is handling the case. My email is smsneen@aol.com

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Pink Cottage

I would report this to trip advisor so they can take down the listing on this site. I believe they run the flip key site too.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Pink Cottage

Unfortunately, TA won't do anything. People advertise on TA and flipkey and often people mistake that for an endorsement.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Pink Cottage

Add another to the list. Same story as the rest.

Mike/Barb

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Pink Cottage

Mike/Barb,

See contact info in #4 above from FLRELady.

TA suggested I talk with the person from whom I rented.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Pink Cottage

Mike/Barb - feel free to email me and we can exchange info. I'd be happy to fill you in on the details.

flatravel24 - good luck talking to Amanda, she isn't even the owner. I have filed a dispute with Paypal who is investigating. Too bad others may book after seeing the post on TA and lose their money too. over $6,000 owed to people now!

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Pink Cottage

We have provided information to Savannah Police Department.

Mike/Barb