We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Tours in Savannah

Chicago
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Tours in Savannah

We love architecture and architectural history. What walking tours are the best in Savannah?

Architectural Tours of Savannah
Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Savannah Bonaventure Dash Tours
Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Noble Jones Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

I know there are tours specific to architecture but I haveno idea which are best.

I would recommend you start here:

http://exploresavannah.com/

He gets great reviews and really knows his stuff. If he doesn't offer what you want he will know who does.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

Explore Savannah @ 13 Mad Turkey Crossing, Savannah, GA 912 - 507 - 9144.

http://www.exploresavannah.com/

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

Architecture Tours by Jonathan is awesome if you want to do a group tour. Check under Things to Do and then look under Tours. There are several good walking tours in the top 10. It depends on what you want to cover and the price you want to pay.

Michigan
Level Contributor
94 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

I second the recommendation for Jonathan Stalcup's Architecture tour. His tour was one of the extra options that I did during the Historic Tour or Homes and Gardens a couple weeks ago. He has the educational credentials to know what he's talking about and he's an engaging tour guide. Not only do you get to explore different neighborhoods, you learn tidbits along the way in addition to the info about architecture. You learn a lot of Savannah history and he has visual aids, like maps, to show.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,291 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

I HIGHLY recommend Dirk of Savannah Rambles. He worked as the Architectural Design Consultant for Historic Savannah Foundation and originated the Preservation-In-Progress walking tour for the annual Savannah Tour of Homes & Gardens. I take walking tours in most cities I visited (and have for years) and Dirk is BY FAR the best guide I've had. I've been going to Savannah all of my life and am a bit of a history nerd, and I'm amazed at how much I learn on his tours. He's a genuinely nice guy too and gives a great tour without being condescending or glib. I truly don't think there's anyone who knows Savannah architecture better (it was his job) and I do know I've not had a better tour guide. Here's a link to his bio - www.savannahrambles.com/About-Your-Guide.html

6. Re: Walking Tours in Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:41
Get answers to your questions about Savannah