We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

I hope I am on the correct Vancouver page. My question is about getting a shared shuttle van from YVR airport to downtown Vancouver, BC hotels. I get in an endless loop trying to google or looking at the airport site about shared shuttles (like PrimeTime type of shuttles). I keep getting shot back to private shuttles or every expensive shared shuttles in limos, etc. I am a mature solo traveler with some mobility issues which makes me really leary of the SkyTrain and regular taxis are too expensive for one. I am going in Sept, staying a night downtown then boarding a cruise. I wanted to stay downtown but am about ready to cancel hotel and book at the airport to avoid extra shuttle or taxi prices. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
1. Re: Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

I think that you want to post on the Vancouver BC forum.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,285 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

You need Vancouver BC but I can help. There are no 'shared' shuttles at YVR because its a short distance. Cabs charge a flat rate based on hotel. Normally about $35 per cab. Canada line light rail also is easy. There are towncars available from

aerocar.ca

Cab or towncar, or light rail are really your options. No Uber.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

Thank you for replying in spite of me posting to the wrong Vancouver site. Weird because I entered Vancouver, BC to get to this site and only after posting did I see it was the wrong one. I have re-posted.to the correct site.

If there are minimal stairs, I might try the Skytrain to at least get into town, even if I take a taxi from there to my hotel. There must be elevators. Still considering staying at the airport but did want to do just a tiny bit of shopping.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown

Thank you. I did enter "Vancouver, BC" before it took me to this page. I realized after posting that it was for Washington. I have reposted it to the correct page.

Reply to: Vancouver, BC YVR airport shared shuttle to downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted