We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

Northern California
Level Contributor
9 posts
139 reviews
Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

Can anyone tell me if the Hampton Residence Inn in Vancouver, WA, is in a neighborhood that has restaurants, places to visit/shops, is walkable, and safe? We are trying to find a nice place that is not in the middle of a business park or unsafe neighborhood. We will have a car but would not like to be required to drive everywhere.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Thanks.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

You can tell a lot by bringing it up in Google maps. It's apparent that it's on a highway, next to a mall, surrounded by chain stores and restaurants. Looks like you're surrounded by Target, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. If you want to stay in a walkable, interesting neighborhood, consider staying in Portland.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
1 review
2. Re: Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

I agree with Christy1. I haven't stayed at that specific hotel, but I've stayed nearby; it's safe, but car centric and uninteresting. Not appealing unless you like chain restaurants. I don't, and I don't remember it being an impressive mall, but I'm not much of a mall fan. Do you need to be in Vancouver or is Portland your destination and you are trying to save money? Because unless this is for summer, there are hotels in Portland similar in cost- and while the locations might not be the greatest, Portland has great transit.

Northern California
Level Contributor
9 posts
139 reviews
3. Re: Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

We have actually been to Portland many times but realuzed that Vancouver has some potentially interesting places to visit so we were planning to spend just one night.

Edited: 15 November 2015, 10:48
4. Re: Is this neighborhood walkable, interesting, and safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2017, 12:18