We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gift shop

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Gift shop

Silly question. We will be taking a trip from SAN Francisco to Portland. My daughter would like to take a quick tip over to Washington to get a sweatshirt or some other trinket. Is there a place that would be best and fairly easy?

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
1 review
1. Re: Gift shop

There are a few breweries and a tshirt or sweatshirt from one of those is your best bet in Vancouver.

Also Skamania Lodge in Stevenson probably isn't too far out of your way. They'd definitely have something.

Edited: 10 November 2016, 14:32
Palm Springs...
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,292 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Gift shop

Not sure about the Skamania suggestion. Vancouver has a large mall on 205 just outside of Portland but I can't really think of anything. Fred Meyers or Walgreens would have some inexpensive Washington T shirts but really nothing special unless you went to someplace like Mt St Helens but that is 45 miles up the road.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Gift shop

Yeah I looked st the Skamania website and only saw a golf course pro shop, so I doubt they would have something she would want. Looks like a beautiful area though!

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Gift shop

Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. Check the Visitor Center Book Store: www.nps.gov/fova/planyourvisit/basicinfo.htm

The Pearson Air Museum might have souvenirs for sale: nps.gov/fova/learn/historyculture/pearson.htm

Washington State University Vancouver has a bookstore with WSU Cougar gear (T-shirts, mugs, college stuff) …wsu.edu/campus-map-directions-and-parking-i… WSU about 10 miles from the Oregon border at the junction of I-5 & I-205. Great views of Mt. St. Helens and Mt Hood from the center of campus on a clear day.

Clark College is the local community college near downtown Vancouver…”Penguin” gear is available at the bookstore: www.clark.edu/

Immediately across the I-5 bridge from Oregon is a large Fred Meyer off of Highway 14 (2500 Columbia House Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98661). Fred Meyer stores usually have a souvenir area with shot glasses, stickers, postcards, etc. Just ask an employee.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Gift shop

Great information thank you

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
254 reviews
6. Re: Gift shop

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. My dad and I will be in Portland and he'd like to also step foot in Washington since he's never been. We'll be staying in downtown Portland and I was thinking about having dinner at The Grant House in Vancouver. What would be the best way to get there? We won't have a car... Cab? Uber? Bus?? Train???

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Gift shop

I’m not great with public transportation but if I studied this correctly…

You could ride the Max train Yellow Line from downtown to Delta Park/Vanport station (check schedule at https://trimet.org/max/).

From the Delta Park/Vanport Station, ride a CTran bus #60 to downtown Vancouver (http://www.c-tran.com/60-delta-park-limited) . You would get off at Broadway and 12st St.

Walk south on Broadway about 2.5 blocks to Evergreen Blvd. Turn left (east) on Evergreen and about half way up the block (on the right side of road) should be a bus stop for bus #32 (c-tran.com/32-hazel-dell-evegreen-andresen) . I think the next stop is right in front of the Grant House.

You could also walk from downtown to the Grant House via Evergreen Blvd. It just over ½ mile one way.

Our new(er) Vancouver Public Library is on the corner of Evergreen and C St. It’s a good place for a bathroom break.

The #60 bus will get you back to the Delta Park/Vanport train station.

Or you could Cab or Uber. My Sis-in-Law's mom is a retiree and drives for Uber in Vancouver! go figure. :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
254 reviews
8. Re: Gift shop

Great details! Thank you!!!

9. Re: Gift shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2018, 13:18