We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Page- Recommendations?

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
2 days in Page- Recommendations?

HI I just booked 2 days in Page on a last minute recommendation from the forum as they said I had too many days booked in the Grand Canyon. Advice on what to do in Page?

I want to book the rafting trip- would a half day be good if I have 3 kids?

Which hikes are recommended with kids ages 6-10?

Thank you!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,859 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

Hiking isn't a big draw in Page. Recommend you do the 1/2 day float. Other activities would a tour of one of the Antelope Canyons. You'll need advance reservations. Hiking to Horseshoe Bend on the way from the Grand Canyon. Be sure to watch your children very carefully as there is no guard rail at the overlook. You will need a lot of water for the hike and sun protection in the way of brimmed hats, sunscreen. Your kids may enjoy a tour of Glen Canyon Dam or at least walking out on the pedestrian bridge in front of the dam for a photo op. Drive out to Lone Rock Beach State Park just west of Page for some beach and water time. Watch the sunset from Wahweap Overlook.

With two overnights, you'll have one full day which would primarily be used for the float trip. You can fill up the rest of your time with any of the above activities.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,354 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

Definitely book the half day raft trip. Plan to view/tour the Glen Canyon Dam. A hike out to Horseshoe Bend will be ideal since you'll see it from the river on the raft.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

You've already been given the highlights, which will likely fill your days. But if you end up with extra time, you could do the Hanging Garden hike, and also stop at the Dam Overlook....both listed on the following webpage:

https:/…day-hikes.htm

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

Are there specific companies/ tours you recommend for the rafting and then for the antelope canyon tours? I see different ones that are very pricey i just want to make sure i do a good one worth the $.

Thank you!

You have really helped plan my trip!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,859 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

There's one company that does the 1/2 day float trip on the Colorado River out of Page.

http://www.raftthecanyon.com/

All the tours of Antelope Canyon go to the same place right down to the foot prints. The only thing different about them is the tour guide you happen to get and you can't pick your guide. Mid-day tours are more expensive than early morning or afternoon. The most expensive tour is the photography tour. That isn't something that you need to do. There's also tours of Canyon X. You don't want to go there either.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

Thank you!!

ANy Advice on visiting Antelope Canyon?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,354 posts
250 reviews
7. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

For Antelope Canyon, pre book a tour. It doesn't matter what provider you choose. The important thing is reserving a time and place in the crowd. Every tour is exactly the same, right down to the foot prints.

8. Re: 2 days in Page- Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2018, 00:17