We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night itinerary

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
105 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
One night itinerary

Coming into Page from Bryce Early Oct., arriving from Bryce so will most likely arrive around noon on a Wednesday, departing around 1 on Thurs. Of the 3 must do activities (HSB, Lower antelope, 4 hr. watersport (either kayak, or seedoo rental, not guided.) I'm thinking this may work, let me know if I should change it up and switch the days. We are staying in "old motel row".

Wed. 1 pm Lwr.Antelope Canyon tour (should I reserve?, or just show up.), followed by late afternoon horseshoebend hike.(check into motel)

Thurs.8am: rent kayak or seedoo, launch at Antelope Point, check out the lake Antelope Canyon, lunch. Depart for GCanyon.

Mentioned in this post
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,649 Reviews
Page, AZ
6 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,798 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night itinerary

If you don't reserve your AC tour, you could wait hours. Reports of people waiting for hours even with a reservation are common this year.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
105 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night itinerary

I will make the reservation for Lwr.Antelope Canyon. I am leaning toward seedoo rental so we can zip around in the morning and explore the scenery and Antelope Canyon from the water. Are there any restrictions on watercraft (Seedoos) entering the small nooks/ coves, besides Kayaks?

Mentioned in this post
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,649 Reviews
Page, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
64,798 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night itinerary

The marina personnel will let you know about restrictions and safety.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,587 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night itinerary

Seedoos/watercraft/kayaks can go anywhere on Lake Powell, including side canyons, nooks, coves. You will have to observe wakeless speed in certain areas near the marina. When traveling in to side canyons, you need to reduce your speed as the canyon narrows because you could go around a blind curve and the canyon will suddenly stop. Often the ends of side canyons have flotsam/logs and other debris. Side canyons have many blind turns and curves. You need to take those curves wide because there could be traffic coming out of the canyon. Leaving from Antelope Point marina puts you in the main channel with other boat traffic - tour boats, speed boats. You have to assume that whoever's operating those other water craft won't see you - especially speed boats. You will need to ride defensively. Be sure you know what the range (how big the gas tank is/how many miles to the gallon, etc) is on the Seadoo. There are limited opportunities to refuel while on the lake.

Lake Powell is huge, with more coastline than the state of California. Land formations look a lot alike. You need to pay attention to your surroundings as it's easy to get turned around.

Just so you know, the water side of Antelope Canyon is not a slot canyon and is miles away from the land side canyons.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,649 Reviews
Page, AZ
new jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night itinerary

Hello RedRox - I just read your post about waiting for hours for an Antelope Canyon tour even with reservations. I am now wondering if I should rethink my plans. My husband and I are booked for the 8-9:30 Upper Antelope Canyon tour and then booked ½ day raft trip Colorado River Discovery 1:00 pm tour. Do you think that this is doable?

Mentioned in this post
Antelope Canyon
Antelope Canyon
6,649 Reviews
Page, AZ
Upper Antelope Canyon
Upper Antelope Canyon
1,590 Reviews
Page, AZ
Colorado River Discovery
Colorado River Discovery
2,189 Reviews
Page, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
64,798 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night itinerary

You should be OK with that plan. AC tours get backed up later in the day.

Reply to: One night itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted