We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For our friend Bsmith

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Topic
For our friend Bsmith

Everyone, I have some very sad news tonight. Betty lost her dh Ricky yesterday to a massive heart attack. I have not spoken with her yet, but got the message on my cell phone from her this evening. I do not have any more details than this but will pass them on to you all when I do. You can message me if you want. Most of all let us pray for our dear, dear friend and her daughters.

All my love to B.

Heidi

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: For our friend Bsmith

My Dear Betty it is so wonderful to see you on here again my heart is still with you always I have been keeping tabs with Smokies I bet she it tired of hearing from the slang spoken woman from down south talking about hair fish but when I read your post I just cried knowing that you are a very strong woman and you are surrounded with family and friend even though many of us are many many miles away you know you might not have to wait until October to see the Peanut because knowing I am only about 2 hours away please know you are always welcome at our home and even if we meet in Bham for dinner one night we are so longing to put our arms around you and just give you a hug and just there to listen as you have done for me so many nights I am so gonna miss the way Ricky would joke with me online late if I was gonna talk to you I would tell him if he wins big remember the small people that he spoke to that night and he would just laugh and laugh and said ok.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: For our friend Bsmith

Betty, My dear,

I read your post with tear filled eyes. I am so glad to see you back. I know Ricky is smiling down on you. You have suffered a terrible loss and my heart hurts for you. Your thoughtfulness has now allowed others to see God's beautiful country. You are such a special person. I know many times I take my wonderful hubby for granted. Please stay strong and we all love you.

I am looking forward to October

Letha

Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
83. Re: For our friend Bsmith

Dear Betty,

I'm so relieved to hear that you plan to be with us in Oct. for the picnic. It will be a healing time for all of us to be together with you to share those wonderful memories. Till then, youare in my thoughts.

Sandy--Leafer

84. Re: For our friend Bsmith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:18