We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is new in the area?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
What is new in the area?

I went to college just north of Gatlinburg and would visit it often during those 4 years back in the 80's. I go back usually every couple of years, last visit was June of 2005, so anything new and exciting in Gatlinburg? Looking at a return trip in Oct for 20 year college reunion.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is new in the area?

Not really anything new in Gatlinburg itself, except for the streetscaping that's been done. They are in the process of burying all the utility lines and making the "strip" more visually nice.

They've torn down some older buildings with older business up on the "hill" and are rebuilding. There's gonna be a Bubba Gump restaurant and a few more things (someone else may have more details).

They are replacing the "tram cars" at Ober Gatlinburg, but from the photos I saw, the new ones don't look much different from the old ones.

A few new things down in P.F. include some new shows in old theater buildings, a children's museum called Wonder Works, the new Zorb if they ever get it open (maybe by October), and of course, the Mystery Mine at Dollywood.

Fellow list members, what else am I forgetting?

2. Re: What is new in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg