We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

We are planning on cooking breakfast at the chalet Christmas morning but we were wanting to go out to dinner Christmas Day.What restaurants will be open on Christmas Day in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge?

Besides restaurants is anything else open like Cades Cove,Gift shops etc.

Edited: 26 September 2010, 15:40
Jacksonville,Ala
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

I know from experience that Calhouns and the Smokey Mtn Brewery are open.Several others have opened for dinner only.This applies to PF and Gatlinburg.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

You can go to opentable.com and put in any american city to find which restaurants are open on holidays

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Thanks, Ive been on that website before and it doesnt even give you an option for Gatlinburg.The closest towns that it does list are Knoxville and Chattanooga.

I recieved a email yesterday from The Chamber of Commerence and they said they would have a full list of all the restaurants open Thanksgiving and Christmas Day in a couple of weeks or sooner.

Love your Avatar :)

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Did The Chamber of Commerence send you a list of resturants open on the holidays? where can I get that list?

Thanks, Jackie.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
700 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

I know people take trips around Christmas and want to go out to eat, but I always feel sorry for the workers in these restaurants that have to work instead of being home with their families. We go out to eat on Thanksgiving, but the restaurant we go to closes at 2pm so the workers can still have dinner with their families. I hope other places do that for their workers, or at least give them short shifts. I hate to think of some little girl or boy being home and sad because Mommy or Daddy had to work on Christmas. My husband is a HVAC technician and has to be on call for Christmas this year. Total bummer.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

As of today the Chamber is still working on a list of restaurants that will be open Christmas Day.

Slahta I know what your mean but then again most people that work Christmas Day do get double pay.But regardless I would still rather be with my family on Christmas Day.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
700 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

I hope you are right, but I don't know of any server ever receiving double pay. Maybe things are different in TN.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Double pay for a restaurant worker on a holiday? Not where I live. I worked in a restaurant for over 25 years (not a server though) and although we were closed on Christmas Day (as all restaurants should be so people can spent some family time together), no one ever got more benefits for other holidays such as Easter. I got paid the same and missed having dinner with my family.

Like Slahta said, maybe in TN it's different because I know servers get paid different wages all over the country. Up here, it's about $3 an hour although with tips servers made more than I did. :(

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
700 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Same goes for KY, Cookie!

Logan, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: What Restaurants will be open Christmas Day in Gatlinburg?

Did anyone get a reply on what's open?

My experience in Gatlinburg is that most of the restaurant/hotel workers aren't with their families anyway because the are not in the country. Lot of eastern Europeans and south of the border employees. There just aren't enough people living in the region to staff all the businesses. Anyway, they would probably just as soon be getting paid and spending time with people as sitting in their room that day. Just sayin'.