We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ribfest & Wings

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ooltewah, TN
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ribfest & Wings

It appears the downtown Ribfest & Wings this evening has been canceled (from the web cam views).

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ribfest & Wings

I didn't know it was today, but it looks like it's been raining in Gatlinburg.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ribfest & Wings

Hail storms came through her a couple of times today...baseball sized hail near Gatlinburg Falls Resort area...busted windshields and damaged cars. I'm in Pigeon Forge and got Dime sized hail, luckily no damage to my car.

Been storming on and off all day, since about 6:00am...just now finally clearing up

Evansville, IN
Level Contributor
54 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ribfest & Wings

Ok, I am not nuts. I saw the tents earlier on the webcam. Hubby got home and looked and none were there. I guess they routed traffic down river road. can't wait til next week!

Edited: 26 April 2012, 18:44
florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ribfest & Wings

We are staying in Gatlinburg and both of our cars were damaged by the hail :( Last year at this very same time we were in Bristol,Va. on our way to Gatlinburg and a really bad storm came through - both cars were damaged by hail then as well. On the bright side, no glass was broken! Drove through town around 6:00pm and the tents were up, but by 7:30pm they were all down. Haven't heard of a new date set for the Ribfest. We ended up going to our favorite restaurant, the Greenbrier, and had a wonderful dinner. Their shrimp cocktail is the best and we are from Florida!!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ribfest & Wings

This was posted on the aquarium's facebook page yesterday:

Ok all! Tomorrow from 11 AM until its gone. . .

Free BBQ on the plaza at the Aquarium!

Ribfest may be cancelled tonight due to the weather but we are turning lemons into lemonade! Donations accepted with all proceeds going to Pi Beta Phi Elementary School and Gatlinburg-Pittman High School! We cooked over 1500 pounds of BBQ for the cancelled event, lets eat up for Education.. .Unlike in Politics, this time too much pork is a good thing. . .

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ribfest & Wings

Great info, thanks allers!

7. Re: Ribfest & Wings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:41