We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Aquarium is a given. Wonderworks sounds fun, but probably very crowded. Anybody else know of activities that will keep the little ones entertained, or had experiences with childrens activities that were not so great? Thanks!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

It's not going to be hard to keep them entertained here. My kids ages 5 & 11 have been going their whole lives and it's just a big play ground for them. A must for them each time we visit is putt-putt, arcades and go-carts. My 5 year old has been riding for years with one of us. We recently did the Ripley's 3D shooting cinema and they both loved it. All the shows are kid friendly but probably their favorite is the Comedy barn, there is a chance for them to be a part of the show on stage and an opportunity to pet the dogs in the show.

Ripley's Old McDonald's farm putt putt is great for the little one's. You can also find Groupons for Ripley's attractions from time to time.

We have passed on Wonderworks, it is very interactive but not sure there's a whole lot for the smaller ones.

chattanooga, Tn
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

We are going in March and taking a whole bunch of kids. :) We have done wonder works before and it is a lot of fun. It has so many different things to look at and explore. We are planning to do at least one whole day at the NASCAR speedway. It seems to be one of the cheaper places because it is $20 per person for everything. Or you can buy a month long ticket for $30 per person. It would be worth it to do that if you have a kid who really loves go karts and put put.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
694 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Unless you have an older child in the group too, I would skip Wonderworks. Most of the attractions inside were too big for our four year old. Our little girl loved Dollywood. She also liked the simple things - feeding ducks in the creek, going for an ice cream and sitting on a bench on the strip, exploring in Cades Cove, etc

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
280 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

There is Parrot Mountain where kids can interact with the parrots that seams fun for kids. Also try the gem mining place by the Three Bears General Store. I know its all prefilled buckets but kids would enjoy it. Also the Jr Ranger program in the national park would be fun also.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Halfoffdepot has an extra 40% off on Rainforest Zoo today. They are out of the child's tickets. I needed 1 child and 4 adults, but I just bought 5 adult tickets that were already discounted and then used the 40% off and got all 5 for $15. My son is 6 and I think he'll like the animals. I think a 4 year old would too.

6. Re: Activities for 4 year old in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg