We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air boat rides/trips

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
air boat rides/trips

Best recommendations on air boat rides/trips; my husband and I will in N.O. in September for 3 days and this is one experience I think we will enjoy. I have your suggestions on music, food and the inexpensive things to do. You can PM if you feel more comfortable with your suggestion. Thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air boat rides/trips

Check with Tours by Isabelle, Plantation Adventures or Honey Swamp Tours. Good luck.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: air boat rides/trips

Thanks for the quick repsonse. Have you heard anything on the Manchac Haunted Swamp tour by Plantation Adventures? Sounds interesting, but worry its hokie and not as much fun as its states.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air boat rides/trips

Sweet--We are going to be doing that Haunted Swamp Tour by torch light in May 2012. The reason I haven't done it sooner is you have to have at least 20 people to do the tour. We're going on The Old River Road Plantation Adventure. I have wanted to do this since 2008! It sounds like it's going to be awesome! I cannot wait!!!!!! If you get to do it before I get to do it, PLEASE let me know!

I can't comment on the air boat tour because I've never done one, but those things are LOUD! I prefer the flat bottomed pontoon boat cuz I love the serenity of the swamp! Some of those air boat tours get cancelled if there are not enough people booked for them. Just check with the tour companies and make sure it'll go with a few people!

Edited: 09 August 2011, 09:30
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: air boat rides/trips

if we go, I will be more than happy to let you know what I thought of it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air boat rides/trips

Best thing about Plantation Adbentures is their combo plantation/swamp tour. You get to see two plantations in the morning and have a great lunch at Freneir's Landing on Lake Pontchartrain and then tour the swamp after lunch. Good luck.

6. Re: air boat rides/trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 08:16