We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
May's Flokin Meet and Greets

So far, these are the meet and greets scheduled:

El Gato Negro 7 pm Thursday May 10th (back patio) Afterward, many of those attending plan to high-tail it over to Vaughan's to hear Kermit, so I guess it constitutes as a "meet and greet" AND a Flok event!

Pat O'Brien's Magnum Photo-Op 1 pm Friday May 11th

And two tentative meet and greets for people arriving later than the rest of us will be Pat's on Tuesday May 15th (evening--need more info from those coming to give a time) and back to El Gato Negro on Thursday (late afternoon most likely) for Lynch!

All are welcome who want to show up, and those who have other plans can carry on! :) I'll firm up the last 2 as time gets closer!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

So what are we doing for parasols and stuff during the SL? Herm, I remember you once posted that site that had accessories like that, will we be ordering from it?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Herm & Deny. Talking about photo-ops. Please do not forget to arrange to light the fountain one evening at dusk. Have everyone gather around and the photographer will take a picture for a souvenier. For our 50th anniversary this was done and the picture for us was complimentary. Of course, we gave a generous tip.

So sorry I'll be missing it. Enjoy Pat O's. It's my favorite place in the Quarter.....takes me back to my dating days in the 50;s.

"JO"

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Rodent...I will bring 16 bags of beads to EGN and each pedicab can have at least one bag....

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Rodent...I'll re-look into it on Sunday, and maybe post costs to see if anyone wants one. If so, I'll put the order in on my card and ship it to the Provincial and dole them out when we get there. Whoever wants one ordered can pay then.

The beads will be GREAT, Cajun!!!!

Edited: 30 March 2012, 19:08
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Cajun, 16 bags??? Are you bringing them all down on a plane??? Awesome that we will have beads, thank you!!!

And Herm, I will definitely love a parasol if we're placing an order. Not only would it be cool to have during the SL but it would be such a nice souvenir of the event, too. :)

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

okay, Rodent, I found the site:

http://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/C82D2/Umbrellas-(Parasols).html

Anyone who's interested in one can send me a PM!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Cajun--Do you want us to buy these bags of beads from you when we all get there? 16 bags!!! Holy smokes you are the man dude!!!!! Where did you get them all from? Thanks for bringing them for us!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

I'll be the photographer!!!

Level Contributor
180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

Herm and the whole Flokking bunch of you, Thank-you. The prince and I may be bringing up the rear, but it has been a great pleasure just being included. Your group has really brought HEART to this forum. See you at the fountain.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: May's Flokin Meet and Greets

D...that would be FABULOUS! :)

Princess...we'll need to chat about the 15th to finalize things! Thanks for your thoughts! Always appreciated!

Edited: 31 March 2012, 07:43