We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many euros

2 posts
How many euros

Hi me and my boyfriend go next Saturday 7th April. We have a buffet breakfast just wondering how much money to take with us?

8 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: How many euros

Just use ATM for cash and take a little with you. In Austria cash is king in most places! No one here knows what your tastes are——burger bars or high end restaurants.

2 posts
2. Re: How many euros

Yeah we are not looking to go to high end places. Just bars and pubs ideally keeping it cheap

London, United...
Level Contributor
687 posts
1 review
3. Re: How many euros

Don't forget to let your card provider know you'll be abroad, and check what their foreign exchange charges are.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
208 reviews
4. Re: How many euros

Similar prices as the UK. Take 50-100 euros with you then use ATMs to get more cash.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,408 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: How many euros

Take as little as possible. You will always get a better rate from ATMs in Austria than English banks or the Post Office will give you. Even if your bank adds an exchange fee it always seems to work in your favour. But always opt to accept the transaction in euros, never take their conversion to GBP.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,922 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: How many euros

@ Norman

Do Austrian ATMs offer this option?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,408 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: How many euros

As far as I remember. They certainly do in Spain and Portugal and their own exchange rates are very unfavourable. I tend to stock up on euros at Santander in Spain as I pay zero exchange commission being a UK Santander customer.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
73 reviews
8. Re: How many euros

Yes they do

Reply to: How many euros
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations