We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

Has anyone used a kiosk at the airport from Alamo? I am renting from them in a few weeks and don't want to wait in line at the counter.

4 replies to this topic
Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

I use it every time. It works like a dream.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

I looked for info on the Alamo website but couldn’t locate the specifics regarding the kiosks. Is the kiosk an alternative to standing in line? Do you have to be a member or sign up for kiosk use beforehand?

Our car rental reservation with DHCR is with Alamo on our next trip. Thanks in advance :-)

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

Does DHCR give you an Alamo reservation number? Costco does. I just add my reservation on the Alamo website. I enter that number in the kiosk, scan drivers licenses and credit card and I’m on my way.

If you haven’t tried Costco, I recommend checking with them too. They include a second driver. My rates dropped every day just before we went.

Alamo’s frequent renters program is free, I’d sign up for that too.

Karen

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
4. Re: Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport

It really depends on the number of passengers that use or hire Alamo on the day you arrived. I've have great experiences with Alamo rentals. Short lines, great customer service. Very friendly & great communication. Cheaper options available. The kiosk option is quicker than the counter but its about what suits you & family on the day.

Reply to: Alamo Rental car kiosks at Kona Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona
Recent Conversations