We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach by Kona Reef

Ottawa
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Beach by Kona Reef

I understand that there is a small beach next to the Kona Reef. Does anyone know anything about it?

Buckley, Washington
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach by Kona Reef

Here's a link to a short video of the beach taken May 2008:

www.flickr.com/photos/tafkar/2512832204/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach by Kona Reef

Great video! I'd note that winter surf makes it very iffy.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach by Kona Reef

I am right down the street from that beach, when the surf is up you can see lots of wonderful rides. If the surf is not up and it is not the weekend it can be quiet. This used to be a fairly unknown beach that residents used until the complex across the street was developed and they "improved" the beach for more public use by cleaning it up a little and making parking spaces.. there is more to the story but I am not sure what is truth and what is gossip, TT will know the difference.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach by Kona Reef

the beach "has sand."...till you get to the waterline where it becomes rocky... The beach proper slopes steeply in the the water and has a seawall about 15 ft from the water

It has an offshore reef that is great for diving.. but this same reef causes a pretty good surf conditon.

There is a restroom and shower across the street... Parking is great.. Mostly used by local surfers.

It is a lying on and looking at beach It is not a swimming, wading or snorkel beach.

Closest one of those is 1 mile north at the King Kam Hotel.... which has a public beach

5. Re: Beach by Kona Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona