We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

We're heading to Kona in a few weeks, and I was thinking about purchasing a cell phone once we've arrived. I haven't been in the States in a few years, but are there tracfones at Walmart, or any cell rentals in the airport? We're only staying 9 days, so I'm not looking for anything fancy...

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

You can get prepaid cells at Walmart, Target or Office Max

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

For traveling just buy a T-mobile cheepo phone w/ prepaid minutes. My phone only cost me $20 bucks no contract. Then you are good to go with all of your traveling needs and you have a back up phone where ever you go. You should know some of the remote places like lower Puna will have very poor service, so keep that in mind.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

Great -- thank you very much!!

4. Re: Prepaid cell phones for purchase in Kona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona