We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco deals to Hawaii

san jose
11 posts
Costco deals to Hawaii

I recently saw a costco vacation package to Hawaii starting May 6th to May 15th to big Island to total $2600.00 .

Is this a good deal .

Includes the stay at Big Island: Royal Kona Resort Package : Ocean-View Room

and United Airlines flight and car rental.....

I have not got any costco packages. Do you think its a great deal

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

Hawaiian Airlines has a $378 R/T fare from many West Coast hubs. You can book an ocean view room at the Royal Kona Resort for $120 or less. You can get a car for $15 or less per day on priceline. Do your math.

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

I got a great deal from Costco for the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Lowest rate is $325 plus tax/night on their website. For about $339/night, we got the room, car rental, breakfast ($66/day for two), and all taxes.

California
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

No, what TT said, not a great deal.

california
Level Contributor
59 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

We've traveled twice to Hawaii via a Costco Travel deal.

Last August we paid $2000 for two of us for 6 nights at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort, deluxe ocean view room, intermediate car rental, and roundtrip flight from California. We chose Keauhou Beach Resort because it included free breakfast buffet daily (another cost saver).

Then, just two weeks ago my husband and son did virtually the same trip, but for 4 nights. Cost had gone up but we paid $1800 for a shorter stay.

I'm now checking out other trips and maybe even a cruise through Costco Travel. We were happy with them.

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

Costco makes it so easy to pay for a vacation. You make a small deposit ($200/person), then you can schedule your payments, all online. I spread mine out over several months, to coincide with my pay days. Easy-peasy.

Rocky Mountain...
Level Contributor
111 posts
6. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

We traveled on a Costco package last year. It included 11 nights at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort, intermediate car rental, RT economy-plus airfare from Denver for around $2700.

This year, that same package through Costco is about $500 more. We have elected to purchase our airline tickets, rental car, and hotel separately for this year's trip. The cost ends up to be about the same as last year's Costco price.

My advice is to price out your trip on a piece-by-piece basis and then compare it to Costco's total package cost. You may (or may not) come out ahead.

7. Re: Costco deals to Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona
Recent Conversations