We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

We are traveling to Seattle next week and I am trying to find out the best way to get from Sea-Tac airport to our hotel (Embassy Suites - Pioneer Square). Any advice appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Pioneer Square
Pioneer Square
567 Reviews
Seattle, WA
9 replies to this topic
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

You can take the light rail. Your hotel is right by the station.

https://tinyurl.com/ydydo2ka

Or you could get an Uber or Taxi.

Edited: 06 June 2018, 19:26
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,038 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

if your ok with light rail it is pretty lcose. Just take the International District station and walk towards the football stadium and you will see the Embassy Suites. Cab or Uber would also work. A towncar from SeaTac is a flat $45

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

Often people ask which way is fastest or least expensive. The light rail is definitely affordable. And for your hotel taking light rail would leave you with only a short walk to your hotel (.2 to .3 miles).

I do want to mention that from Seatac there is a about a 10 min. walk or so once you leave the terminal to get to the light rail station. You will need to pay and go up to the platform and wait for the next train to depart. Trains run every 6 to 15 minutes depending on the time of day. Except for very early and very late departures the trains run every 6-10 min. So you could go up to the platform and conceivably depart almost immediately or you might have to wait 6-10 min. Then it is a little more than 30 min. to get to the International District station.

If you want no walk and to get downtown more quickly you can use the options listed above for a cab, uber or towncar. Depending on time of day traveling into town via either 5 or 509/99 can take <20 minutes but if you hit rush hour or there is an accident or if you take 509 and you hit the 1st Ave. S. drawbridge it could be longer. AM rush hour could take you a half hour to an hour.

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

We did a similar transfer last week. We didn't use the light rail even though it was the cheapest option as it isa good walk to the station at SeaTac (about 10 minutes) and we had big suitcases. We opted for the Uber option and the cost with tip was $44, it was 6pm on a Friday and took about 30 minutes. Coming back we took a cab and the flat rate was $40.

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

I'd like to know how people time the walk to the station as 10 minutes? Either they walk very,very slow or they are timing from the far end of the airport. It takes me about 5 minutes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
1,064 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

I would agree this walk is not ten minutes.

With a full carry on bag it is no more than probably 5 minutes at the most for me.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

You are probably right. It might only be 5 min. for the walk itself. This video was from skybridge 6 (the closest). I didn't estimate a time for buying a ticket, which this video doesn't show. I was trying to give a rough estimate of the time from terminal to train boarding. I think most visitors are going to find that this takes closer to 10 minutes than 5. Even if they can do it in 5 fewer minutes than I estimated, the point remains that taking light rail is going to be significantly longer than getting in a cab. So it all depends on what they consider "best" (fastest or cheapest).

Napa, California
Level Contributor
538 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

There will be 4 of us, with lots of luggage. I think we would need a larger car from Uber for all of us and our stuff, so I don't think that will be as economical for us. What towncar service should I look into, or would a taxi be best?

Seattle
Level Contributor
49,461 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)

Just walk to the Ground Transportation area...

From baggage claim... go up the escalator, walk over the pedestrian sky bridge, into the parking garage, and follow signage, one floor back down to the taxi line.

Where you get taxis and town cars there are also van-sized vehicles available in the line-up.

The other option would be to contact Shuttle Express and prearrange something for your group.

Reply to: Best way to get from Sea-Tac to Embassy Suites (Pioneer Sq)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted