We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flat Rate For Hire

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flat Rate For Hire

anyone have any reviews on them?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

There have been a number of threads on the forum about them:

http://goo.gl/tz7F7

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

Thanks, the reviews seem kind of mixed. I want to take from the Crowne Plaza Downtown to pier 91 for $9 instead of paying $20 for the 2 of us for the shuttle. But not sure - sounds like it depends on the driver??? What do you think?

Also, do you know how far the walk is the walk (with luggage) if we took the light rail to our hotel?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

This is my favorite map as it shows transit + hotel locations, and accessibility.

The Crown Plaza is at 6th & Seneca. You can easily walk from the University Station - depending on how much luggage you have - I assume you can roll/carry what you are bringing, up escalators, over sidewalks, inclines/hills, etc.

…kingcounty.gov/maps/pdf/seattle-accessible-…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,994 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

I've used flat rate for hire at least 10 times in the last two months. I think they are fine. You need to know what the rate is before you get in. I've only had one driver try to tell me a different fare and when I told them they honored it right away. Since they charge by zip code sometimes the driver doesn't really know which zip code you've come from or gone to. I have no reservations in recommending them.

The crown plaza is a nice hotel. There is a hill from 3rd ave up to 6th but not too terrible. You could also use the

shuttleexpress.com

airporter service direct to CP but it would be more.than light rail

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

Thanks for the map and other replies. It seems doable with our luggage from the University station to the Crowne Plaza, however..what is the walk like from the airport to the light rail train station?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

It's roughly a quarter of a mile, from when you leave the airport proper to the link light rail station.

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

OK, so the rail station is not at the airport..my bad. leave the airport and then walk by foot for 1/4 mile. With a rolling bag and carry-on...will i regreat the walk later?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,994 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

of course the lt rail is at the airport. It on the hwy next to the airport parking garage. Have no idea how to answer your question. How would I know if you'd 'regret' the walk?? I'm not even sure what that means. There is very detailed info on top right to give you options to get into seattle. here is the info from that article that might help.

From baggage claim at Seatac to find the Link station be prepared for a bit of a walk. Follow the signs to Link Light Rail (and not the signs for Public Transit, which take you to the bus stop which is at the other end of the terminal). The light rail station is accessed at the far north side of the parking garage or closest to baggage claim carousel 15 or 16 which is Alaska Air or United. If you arrive on US Airways or American you need to walk to the far north side of baggage claim, take the elevator up and over the skybridge and follow the signs. Allow about 10-15 minutes walking time. You can bring your luggage cart with you but if you arrive from downtown luggage rentals at the station are $4. Allow about 37 minutes into downtown. The trains come every 8 to 15 minutes

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

yeh..i would regret the walk later. thanks for the heads up - i'll go 4 the shuttle.

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

is the 10-15 minute walk any shorter if you fly into SEATAC via by boys at Southwest airlines?