We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
23 reviews
Where to stay

Us, active 60 year old couple. Like good food, drinks, music and exploring. Thinking about a quick getaway ( sat-sun) drive from our home in KC to Omaha.

Looking for suggestions on a nice hotel within walking distance to nightlife and shopping. Also prefer a pool, but not a must have. Price not important, but ambience is.

Suggestions??

TIA

5 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
440 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay

Sherm,

In my opinion, your two best choices are:

1. Magnolia Hotel Omaha

2. Hotel Deco XV

Both are in good locations to attractions, a little nicer, good ambiance, etc. Hotel Deco is near one of my favorite pubs in town, Wilson & Washburn, and Magnolia is near one of the best restaurants in town, The Flatiron.

Edited: 18 June 2018, 09:42
Falls City
Level Contributor
141 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay

Sounds like the Embassy Suites in the Old Market would be good for you.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay

Thanks! I’ll check each one out. Appreciate the info!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
451 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay

I suggest the Magnolia. Charming older hotel with a great bar, plus they have free cookies and milk every evening. What's not to love? The hotel offers a free SUV shuttle to the downtown/Old Market area so you're not limited to the restaurants and nightlife right by the hotel. The new full service Marriott downtown is also very nice and has a pretty bar/lounge area

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay

Hotel Deco for sure! They just opened a new restaurant as well that is amazing and a must if you’re in Omaha. They shuttle and are close to everything.

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Omaha
Recent Conversations