We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freedom Park Museum

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
479 reviews
Save Topic
Freedom Park Museum

My husband and I will be in Omaha for a few days around September 22nd. We had planned to visit Freedom Park as we missed it on our trip last year. I know it's currently closed due to flooding - the website states it will reopen in the fall. Does anyone know how close to reopening it is?

Thanks

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freedom Park Museum

Have not heard, water levels are down but everything by the river is a mess.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freedom Park Museum

thanks, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens

Omaha
Level Contributor
266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Freedom Park Museum

Hi - the city parks website says it is still closed, and I'm almost positive I heard recently on the news that it wasn't going to reopen this Fall.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Freedom Park Museum

Thanks - we did drop by last Friday and found that the River City Star was getting ready to sail again (and in fact we saw it sail on Sunday) but we couldn't get beyond that point so I we figured the park is still closed. We weren't terribly sure if that was the route to Freedom Park but guessed so.

Not to worry - just means that we still have things to do on our next trip. It's a great excuse to come back!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Freedom Park Museum

I saw a video on the news last week that showed the sub and boats high and dry on silt from the flooding it looked like a mess.... Hope you had a nice trip.

6. Re: Freedom Park Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 09:17