We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel would you recommend?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel would you recommend?

We are going to a wedding in Omaha in early September.

The couple has room blocks at two hotels:

The Ramada Plaza and Comfort Inn & Suites (Grove St. (incase there is more than 1)

The Ramada looks nice but I am concerned because I hear they are under construction and not sure when that will be finished. Also, there is a water park on-site, so I'm not sure how crowded they will be with families (it's the weekend after labor day ).

Ideally we'd like a nice, clean, place that preferrably has a restaurant/bar on-site.

Thanks in advance.

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
166 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

Where is wedding/reception? Are you just a couple or have family with? ;)

South Carolina
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

It will be 4 adults, no kids. I'm not sure where the ceremony and reception are being held. These were just the two hotels where they have blocks so we are choosing between these two.

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
166 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

Neither of those would be on my list, so make sure you read the reviews here on TA.

The Comfort Inn seems to have improved reviews recently, but by the time you come in Sept they could be going downhill again. The Coco Keys place has been under several franchises in the last 5 years so when name changes all of the bad reviews go away.

There are some great, affordable hotels in Omaha, just not there. All of the hotels in that area seem to be challenged.

omaha, nebraska
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

I would not stay at either. Yes, the Ramada (just changed to that) is a huge hotel with an adjoining indoor water park. I wouldn't think it would be too busy the weekend after labor day since school will be in session.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the other one. I would think the wedding couple is just giving you those two as options. I don't think you are obligated to stay there.

I would recommend the Courtyard Mariott at Aksarben. It is only about a year old. (it is mainly business travelers as it sits next to University bldgs.) I am a pretty sure it has a lounge and may have a restaruant. It is only about 5 min. driving time from the two mentioned. (two blocks north of 68th and Center----the ones you mentioned are about 10 blocks south of 72nd and Center St....so if the wedding is near the hotels they mentioned, you'd still be near them!) If you stay at the Courtyard, the new little Aksarben village area is 2 easy walking blocks. There is a park, pizza place, juice place, cupcake place, lounge, barbque, and movie theatre (these are all new in the last 2 years). Also, a WalMart 5 blocks away.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

I would recommend you stay at the Interstate 80 exit at Giles Road (exit 442). One of the safest area in the metro (La Vista) There's a Embassy Suites with a Marriott Courtyard as well as a Hampton Inn. Embassy runs about $120/ night, Courtyard about $100 and Hampton around $100 as well. The Ramada and area at 72/Grover is kinda crappy.

Omaha, Ne
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

Agree with CornHusker. Stayed at the Marriott in LaVista and it was nice.

How about Down-Town? Marriotts are about the nicest you will find in Omaha. With downtown you will have many options for eating out and bars.

The nicer Hotels in Omaha

Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Hilton Omaha

Marriotts

Hotel Deco

Hope you have fun!

7. Re: Which Hotel would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Omaha
Recent Conversations