We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Omaha for a day

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
524 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Omaha for a day

I plan a drive up from Kansas City, MO. on a Sunday.

Which is better a place to spend a day, Omaha or Lincoln?

Is there a scenic route or just the interstate?

Thanks.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Omaha for a day

What would you like to do when you come, that will help on deciding which city.

Lincoln is pretty laid back. Omaha has more hustle. Both are great places.

Really ain't much to see coming that I can think of other then the Missouri River and NE city is kinda cute with the orchards. I'm sure there is more to see, there are alot more knowledgable then I on scenic stuff:)

If you have any idea of what you want to do and when your planing on visiting the area you will get more help:)

Edited: 19 May 2012, 16:43
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Omaha for a day

Not sure that there is much in Lincoln to take a day trip to see....unless its football season.

Scenic route? Hmmm, not sure - if you want to take the interstate up as far as Highway 2 you can cross the river over to Nebraska City and drive up to Omaha via Highway 75....

not sure what you are looking to do but Omaha is easy to get around in and some of the popular attractions are :

The Zoo ( of course )

Lauritzen Gardens if you are into horticulture / flowers ( near the Zoo )

Downtown area - Josyln Art Museum ( Egyptian exhibit ends Sunday June 03) , Durham Heritage Museum,.

Art showing - Holiday Inn Downtown June 03. Free

Boys Town - ( not sure if they have tours Sunday though you need to check if interested ) .

Into aircraft? Strategic Air and Space museum in Ashland - west of Omaha.

The 'Taste of Omaha " June 3 Sunday ...

3. Re: Visiting Omaha for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Omaha
Recent Conversations